COCONUT PALEO PANCAKES

COCONUT PALEO PANCAKES

By Priscila Perales

 

For those of you looking to avoid grains for any number of reasons, here is a paleo recipe option for fluffy yummy pancakes.

BLEND AND COOK ON HOT SKILLET:

  • 1 banana
  • 1 cup coconut flakes
  • 2 eggs
  • pinch of cinnamon

 

Yes, that’s it.

Going gluten-free is good for many. I personally thrive on a gluten-free diet, so I try to stick to corn and quinoa when my body asks for carbs. Again, everything in life is a balance and getting to know your body and what you can easily digest or not. Some people decide it’s easier to follow an 80/20 diet where 80% of what they eat is clean, unprocessed, gluten-free and all natural, and allowing themselves to indulge in the remaining 20% of the food they consume daily. What works for you? Anyhow, these pancakes are so tasty and fluffy, not to mention the benefits you get from the coconut flakes!

HERE ARE SOME COCONUT BENEFITS:

  • Supports immune system health: it is anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-parasite
  • Provides a natural source of quick energy and enhances physical and athletic performance
  • Improves digestion and absorption of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals
  • Improves insulin secretion and symptoms associated with diabetes
  • Helps protect the body from cancers due to insulin reduction, removal of free radicals that cause premature aging and degenerative disease
  • Reduces risk of heart health and improves good cholesterol (HDL)
  • Restores and supports thyroid function
  • Helps protect against kidney disease and bladder infection
  • Promotes weight loss
  • Helps keep hair and skin healthy and youthful looking, prevents wrinkles, sagging skin, age spots, and provides sun protection

 

More from PRISCILA PERALES

AMIGOS FOR KIDS TOY DRIVE

                       ...
Read More