VEGAN PROTEIN SMOOTHIE
By Priscila Perales
I have learned consuming less animal protein aids in digestion and overall health.
I am not promoting a vegan diet, I’m just offering an option for a protein packed smoothie that is all natural, all plant-based and all delicious.
- 1 banana (frozen is best)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- handful of spinach
- tbsp of almond butter (or any nut butter you love)
- 2 tbsp of hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp of flaxseeds
- superfood option: add chlorella
This smoothie is perfect as a breakfast option of an afternoon snack. It contains hemp seeds which are a perfect and natural blend of easily digested proteins, essential fats (Omega 3 & 6), Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA), antioxidants, amino acids, fiber, iron, zinc, carotene, phospholipids, phytosterols, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin D, vitamin E, chlorophyll, calcium, magnesium, sulfur, copper, potassium, phosphorus, and enzymes. All amino acids essential to optimum health are found in Hemp Seeds, including the rarely found Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA). The 17+ grams of omega fats supplied by Hemp Seeds provides sufficient, continuous energy throughout your day.
HEMP SEED BENEFITS:
- excellent source of essential fatty acids including Omega 3, 6 and GLA in the perfect balance.
- More digestible protein than meat, whole eggs, cheese, human milk, cows milk or any other high protein food
Rich in Vitamin E.
- Can be eaten by those unable to tolerate nuts, gluten, lactose or sugar; there are no known allergies to hemp foods.
Fruit is best consumed on an empty stomach first thing in the morning, even though there are people who can digest fructose in the afternoon. Know your body. ENJOY!